Sunday, August 24, 2008

My Gold Medal!



To justify sitting on my butt for 2+ weeks while watching the Olympic Games, I set a goal to complete this pair of Ampersand socks. I cast on and started during the Opening Ceremonies, I finished up during the US Men's Water Polo Silver Medal game. Before the closing ceremonies! For me that's Gold! I am excited that this pair fits! This yarn was purchased from Woolgirl. Thanks again Jen! I was a bit annoyed with the ways the colors pooled and came out. Yes, this is from one skein of yarn! One looks lighter pink, the other darker pink. I guess that makes them totally unique! What a thrill the Olympics have been! Go USA!!!

6 comments:

ButterPeanut said...

rad!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

I am soooooo proud of you!! Wow! I was just bragging about you today that you have almost finished three pairs since I left!! I better get to filling your stash for you!

Love the socks!! Sometimes, they pool. Love them anyway! And they work perfectly with you shoes!

Discoknits said...

Pooling! Welcome to the world of sock knitting ;0)

They actually look great. I think as long as they're both knit in the same yarn & colour it doesn't matter how differently they turn out (imho)

Happy Monday :0)

Zonda said...

Awesome!! Neat socks! Sometimes I like pooling, sometimes not. Cool shoes too!

ya ya's mom said...

you're so talented!!!

Neuroknitter said...

Love the socks! Really cute shoes!