Saturday, July 19, 2008

#1 is done!!!





Here it is, my first sock is complete! It only took me a week, most of a week, OK the whole entire week. It is a snug fit. It fits Emma perfectly. She is thrilled she gets my first pair of socks! I already have the second one knit to a bit past the turned picot edge. I am ready to rip through that one because I am absolutely loving my STR sock! Thanks for all the input, I did decide to do the ribbed k6, p2. I got a good jump on it during tonight's "Family Movie Night" Nacho Libre.




Have a great weekend!





6 comments:

tapmouse said...

WTG, Christy! And welcome to BlogLand! So happy to see you here, other than just as a commenter at Carrie's blog!

I LOVE that you already have the second yarn ready to go! And I hate that you got to that gorgeous colorway before me and Nartian! ;)

J/K! You were much more generous than me and Nartian, since we both ended up with maybe twice more skeins than you did!

Leslie
(ps-I'm a Mercy girl, too! But I'm an SF Skipper version...and an older model...!)

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Wow!! It looks fabulous!! Lucky Emma!! Can't wait to see the next sock!!

Discoknits said...

Go Christy! Go Christy!

The sock looks great - the picot edge, esp. Well done.

Wool Girl said...

WOW! Such a speeder knitter you are! :) LOVE that picot edging! Did you see that we are now carrying self-striping yarn? :) No pressure.

Neuroknitter said...

uh-oh, I'm late to the Ohh-Ahh party! Dang it!

Lovely sock, Christy! I'd say block it and keep it for yourself...but I'm evil that way!!

Zonda said...

Nice job on your first sock! Pretty colors!