Thursday, July 17, 2008

"You mean OUR blog"

Top and side views of my first sock


First thing this morning I get up, turn on the computer and click on this blog. To my daughter, (7) I say, "Emma, look this is my blog!" She replies, "You mean OUR blog." I couldn't stop laughing.



You see, since Irishgirlieknits has had her blog we have been checking it pretty frequently. She has been talking about me starting a blog for forever, and this weekend Emma has decided she wants her own blog. So, I said we could share one. I guess I forgot about that. Ooops. Hopefully, someday soon, she will be adding her two cents, although I am not sure what quite about. Maybe I will just share some other quotes from her. Here's another, "Mom, I think you love that more than us." (referring to pictures above, my first sock.) Clearly I have been a SAHM too long!


I also wanted to shout out a big THANK YOU!!! to Shannon at Twisted, she helped me in a pinch. I twisted then dropped a few too many stitches than I could handle so I ran right over there and she made me and the kids feel at home. Thanks again, I am loving that store! BTY, that is where my first sock yarn was purchased, Zen String - Serendipity - Sport - Sedona. Although I have a little bit of pooling, not the perfect stripes I was after, I am still thrilled with how they are coming out.


4 comments:

Discoknits said...

oh, but I like the pooling. And look at you with your fancy picot edge on your first ever sock. Very smart. Well done.

So you should do dictation, word for word, of what she wants on her blogposts. I love when my oldest comes home from school with a picture with dictation on it. No matter what, it will have 'Mommy' or 'Lightning McQueen' in it somewher, however randeom! Oh, the minds of kids.....

IrishGirlieKnits said...

What a great post! I so can hear her saying that too!! You'll have to take pictures of the hat she's working on :)

And yay that Shannon was awesome!! I'm actually a wee bit jealous that you get to hang out there whenever you want! So if the kids have fun there, that means you and I can go there even more next visit..hehehehe....

Neuroknitter said...

Your socks are lovely!!! And your picot is perfect!!! You're a natural!!

Zonda said...

Wow, picot edge on your first socks! Good for you! I bet Carrie is a great teacher as well as friend! Your first sock is looking really good! :)