Tuesday, July 29, 2008

No other doughnuts like these.......







Nellie is in town. If you know Nellie, you know we are eating lots of treats while she is here. She wanted a "tour" of Portland. Where else would we take her but the World Famous yet Wacky Voodoo Doughnuts?!? Click on the link and check out their menu! This place is the definition of hole in the wall, and it always has a line out the door! Each and every one of these is tasty. We tried this Maple-Bacon for the first time, it is DELICIOUS! So, if you aren't a resident of Portland, if you ever do visit, you must stop by this place.




The cereal topped ones are my favorite. The one at the bottom called "Dirty 'ol Bastard" has chocolate frosting, Oreo cookies and peanut butter. Yum! Also, my kids loved saying the name!

8 comments:

ya ya's mom said...

ok, you so totally MUST bring a Voo Doo Donut for me to class tomorrow. Seriously. or else....

Discoknits said...

You let your kids say "Dirty Ole Bastard"? F#@k O$F! OMG I have to meet you soon. TOO FUNNY!!!!!!! My husband would die of a heart attack and I would be dying laughing on the floor if either of mine said that :0) :0) :0)

Can you come to stitches next Feb too?
HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHa

p.s. my husband would be having the heart attack eating too many oreo donuts in any case :0)

p.p.s. You also reminded me of my Auntie Nellie (my Nan's sister). As kids she described herself as a good witch and always gave us sweeties. She ROCKED.

Zonda said...

Oh Wow, those are wild doughnuts!

ya ya's mom said...

waaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!! i want a donut!!!! i just finished my homework. neener neener!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Mmmmm.....voodoo donuts!! Next trip!! Say hi to Nellie for me!!

Neuroknitter said...

I have never found that particular hole in the wall, despite endless looking!

Those donuts look fantastic, and I will have to renew my efforts to locate them. Perhaps using mapquest or GPS??

Enjoy!!! :)

tapmouse said...

O-M-G!!! Those donuts are something else! I have a feeling this would be somewhere we'd need to stop next time we are up that way!

Lil' Emp is an absolute donut freak, but being the picky kid he is, I actually think he may say, 'No, thanks...' to these. It would definitely be a trip for his parents!!!

ya ya's mom said...

awwwww, you added me to your blog list...u so sweet!! what if our little group read friday night knitting club?