Friday, July 18, 2008

...Getting ahead of myself


Now I have heard from more than one of you that I am a true knitter because I have started my second pair of socks before finishing the first sock of my first pair! I am not totally new at knitting, maybe someday I will catch you up on what I have accomplished up to now. However, I am new to sock knitting. I am also new to these fancy, EXPENSIVE sock yarns. They are so nice and soft and pretty! How could I not get started on the next pair? Besides, this second pair is a BMFA Socks that Rock!!! If anyone out there recognizes the color please share with me what it is. Irishgirlieknits brought it home from her visit with the Wizard. It has no tag. She believes it is a mill end but it is just so pretty I can't imagine it not having a name. Next up it what pattern to follow. I was thinking of taking the plain vanilla sock pattern and doing the k6, p2 version. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the comments, I'm feeling the love! Happy Friday!

6 comments:

Neuroknitter said...

It almost looks like the Moody Blues I'm knitting with...Titania's Revenge maybe...not sure...maybe something from her blue phase!? Lovely color!!!

A ribbed sock would be great for your next pair, very comfy!

Can't wait to see what you end up doing!!

Happy knitting!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

I really think it is just a mill end! No tag chicky because we literally wound it up to take home! Tapmouse thought maybe it looked like Space Dust....but I think it may just be a pretty!

Go for the k6 p2...much more entertaining!! And if its too big, we go down a needle size! Keep me posted!!!

Look at your with posting three days in a row!! Love it!! And all the comments :)

Neuroknitter said...

I agree with IGK...I think you should dub it "Christy's Pretty"!!

Happy knitting!!

Zonda said...

Yes, you are a true knitter 'cause we all start new projects before we finish one. Hey, you gotta have a few in progress. Lucky you with having Twisted as your LYS too, looks like a lovely place.

Discoknits said...

Christy's Pretty Ribs. It has a certain ring to it.

Now, am I mistaken that this is sock pair #3!!!!!

You got it bad, girl!

tapmouse said...

When I saw the pic from the camera screen the other night, it looked space-dusty...but now...it looks like something I'm jealous that you 'stole' from me!-lol! Curse you for starting to knit socks! ;)