Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Welcome to my blog

....so my BFF from High School, Carrie, aka Irishgirlieknits, has been on my behind for years now to start a blog (drum roll) here it is! This past weekend she was up for a visit and has immersed me into the world of sock yarn. Granted, it didn't start this weekend, but it was nothing but yarn, yarn, yarn, knitting and hand knit socks this weekend! Let me just put it this way, after we visited Twisted and meeting Shannon on Friday, I had my first sock cast on that night. By Sunday I was knitting with two professionals, Woolgirl and Neuroknitter! (Talk about celebrities!) Monday, my ears were burning from Blue Moon Fiber Arts. Tuesday morning I had my first Socks That Rock cast on. (Yes, I am working on my second sock before my first is finished, crazy huh?!?) I am about 4 inches away from the end of my first sock, so I am off to finish. Please check back with me, I intend to post a picture or two in the near future. Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

OMG!! You are truly a sock knitter if you've started a second pair before finishing the first!! Miss you already!!

Discoknits said...

Of course you started a second sock before finishing the first. Erm, who was it who taught you to knit socks ;0) And what better to knit socks with than some rockin' sock yarn from Oregon :0)

Can't wait to see pics
:0)

Neuroknitter said...

IGK took the words out of my mouth!! Yes!! You're truly a sock knitter now!!! I don't think there was really a choice in the matter, do you?! :)

Can't wait to see the second pair show up on the blog!!

And, congrats on starting a blog!! Woot and squee!!